REAL WEDDINGS & TIPS FOR PLANNING
Making the Most of the Planning Process
Congratulations! You're engaged! You might be asking yourself... now what?
Whether you were expecting it or not, there's a lot to think about now. But first, take a breath, enjoy the moment and take it all in. No need to rush into wedding planning if you're not ready. Being engaged needs to be acknowledged and savored, so don't skip over it. But, if you are ready to jump in, here are a few things to do to get you started down the wedding path.
1. Celebrate! Tell your family and your closest friends. Be ready to tell the story of how your honey proposed, again and again. Make the rounds visiting with friends and family to show off your new bling and allow everyone to celebrate along with you and share in the excitement. It really is a special time! And when you can, be sure to celebrate privately with your fiance with some alone time. Your lives will only get busier from here.
2. Make it Social Post the news on social media and let everyone know that you're engaged! Take a fun picture of your ring or make a sign as an announcement. Get a fresh manicure so you're ready for all eyes on your hands.
3. Pick a date If you're ready to start the planning process, go ahead and narrow down a few dates. Leave yourself a couple of options so that you can be flexible when looking into venues. The average engagement is 13 months long, so keep that in mind. If your date is less than a year away, start tackling your to-do list soon.
4. Hire a wedding planner Planners are not as expensive as you may think and he or she will make the coming year so much easier! Even if you're a do-it-yourself-er, and your mom and grandma have promised to help, there will come a time when life gets too busy for everyone and you'll need more help. Planners know the vendors in town and can save you from hours of phone calls and emails. They'll help you tackle the things you don't want to do and let you handle all the things you DO want to do. And let's face it, on the day of your wedding, you can't be in charge of vendors and set-up, when you're getting ready to be married. Your planner will make sure everything is set up the way you want it and help your vendors if any issues arise. Your wedding is one of the most important events in your life, so don't risk a perfect day for wedding-day chaos.
5. Find your style Browse wedding websites and start a Pinterest board to save all of your favorites. When something jumps out at you, save it. Organize your board to include flowers, dresses, colors, etc... Don't expect to know your style right away, it will all come together as you go.
Dulce Events is a full-service event planning team serving Tallahassee and the surrounding areas. Contact us if you're looking for more information about our wedding planning services.
For planning, coordination or more advice about venues and vendors, check us out at Dulce Events.
Hi! I'm Dania, founder of Dulce Events. I've been planning events for over 20 years. Originally from Miami, I now call North Florida home, where I live with my husband and two children. I love weddings and themed events and have a non-stop passion for creating and organizing. Glad you're visiting our page!